Because so many have fears of reincarnation and have superstitions, it is extremely important that these young people and their families understand the *Light* side of the "dark." Requirements to be able to attend these group meetings include a private session with the parent(s) of the teen, as well as my meeting with the teen.
Update: This handful of teens with psychic abilities used to meet once per month, as they are now off to college or working as young adults. We are always very excited about an opportunity to connect with others and to share experiences as we can learn from each other. This is a wonderful opportunity for empowering teens to make choices that bring supportive energies and positive changes to their lives, as well as providing "tools for their emotional/spiritual tool kit." (See my 10/12/2011 blog.)
Here are some additional benefits to the ones listed above:
• Help the teens understand who they are and that they don't have to tell people about their special abilities; they do need to understand them.
• Help them learn how to set boundaries when helping other people, including recognizing any self-sabotaging choices they make thinking they are helping others.
• Help the teens learn how to reserve their energy when dealing with other kids or even just the "negative energy" (various energies) at school, home, etc
• Explain how this is a time of transformation, and eventually, they will be able to help others go through this transformation; this is done by leading by example.
• Help them realize they are not alone and that there are other teens similar to them; since they can't "do things that normal teens participate in," they can feel trapped and isolated, which can be depressing at times.
Finding your inner power, your *Light*, is a journey each one of us travels as we are all spiritual beings in human form. These teens and young adults have the lesson first and foremost in their lives, and they need supportive, understanding, and loving systems for help!